This building was originally the Richards & Conover Hardware Company founded after the Civil War. In 1902, Richards & Conover Hardware announced they would construct a building to consolidate their multiple locations into one. The building was constructed between 1902 and 1903. In 1928, an addition was constructed to house offices and retail space. This addition was located at the current pool and patio area. Richards & Conover Hardware had success from 1902 to 1948. They became known as one of the nation’s oldest and largest wholesale hardware, iron and steel distributers covering 10 states. The Richards & Conover Hardware building was added to the Historic Registry in 1998, and converted into lofts in the early 2000’s.
- Clubroom Overlooking Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Access to State-of-the-Art Fitness Center at Old Townley Lofts
- 27 Unique Open Floor Plans
- 13 to 20 Foot Ceilings, Some with Wood Beams
- Full-sized Washer and Dryer in Each Loft
- Additional Storage Available
- Pet Friendly with No Weight Restriction
- Resident Controlled Access
- Google Fiber Equipped
- Gated and Covered Parking for an Additional Fee
- Walking Distance to the City Market
Open architecture with ceilings from 12 to 20 feet provides incredible city views. An attached garage, controlled resident access, free storage and a fitness center offer residents attractive city living.
Known as the cornerstone of the River Market, this neighborhood will help you enjoy the best Kansas City has to offer with wine walks, galleries and music. This space is for urbanites that the sound of the city, the company of neighbors and have a vision to make downtown theirspace.